After-School Fencing Programs for Children
Fencing Calgary is a non-profit Local Sport Association dedicated to the accessibility and development of the sport of fencing for children and youth at the introductory and community levels.
Fencing Calgary’s COMMUNITY PROGRAM offers participants the opportunity to try a new and exciting sport activity option in their own community or one close by!
- Provides a community-level sport option for Children, Youth and Adults
- Cost-Effective at $214 (8 weeks) for registration including instruction and all required equipment
- Coaches are trained and experienced (National Coaching Certification Program)
- Emphasis is on fun and inclusive participation in a safe, stimulating and positive environment
- To introduce basic fencing skills and rules in cooperation with partners and groups utilizing the concepts of fair play, fun and respect for a safe environment
- To introduce participants of all ages to the sport and support their individual development
- To develop basic motor skills (agility, balance, coordination) as well as physical fitness
- To provide an opportunity for participants to try fencing for the first time or to continue participation within their community
EASYProgram Equipment & Facility
- All required equipment is initially included in the program cost and provided by Fencing Calgary
- Equipment is modified in size and composition dependant on the age of the participant (modified plastic and foam equipment is utilized at lower age levels) much like floor hockey
- Fencing Calgary operates programs throughout the city in community centres and other recreational facilities to find the community location closest to you visit the website
- Fencing Calgary recognizes the value of parent involvement in its programming
- Parent-Child participation is encouraged in all programming and age levels!
- Although Parent volunteering is not required for participation, any parents with an interest in helping the sport and volunteering is invited to participate
- Fencing Calgary offers FREE parent-coach training sessions for those interested in getting involved with grassroots community coaching!